Phone NumbersProvision virtual phone numbers Instantly to send or receive text messages and phone calls. Gone are the days when application developers needed to negotiate painful agreements with each telecom operator to obtain regionally limited phone numbers at exorbitant rates.
Instantly provisionPhone numbers are now software assets that can be acquired instantly through the Vonage API platform. With these new assets, developers can now build communication tools with just a few lines of code.
Number selection and reachThe most comprehensive offering of phone numbers and shortcodes in the industry, enabling developers to reach their target markets reliably.
Cost effectiveFor less than one dollar, your application can programmatically acquire local phone numbers from across the globe with a simple API call.
We offer a complete range of phone number types so you can enable any kind of communication quickly.
Virtual phone numberTo communicate effectively with your users, you need virtual phone numbers.
- Provisioning virtual numbers in the same market as your users increases the chances that the numbers will be interacted with and that their messages will be read
- With 85 countries currently supported, Vonage offers the broadest reach of virtual numbers from across the globe
- Before provisioning, our numbers are tested rigorously and screened to confirm their capabilities and functionality*
- Our virtual phone numbers are quarantined and aged appropriately to remove the risk of cross-talk from any previous users
US 10 DLC allows businesses to provide a higher quality of the delivery of your messages originating from long codes while continuing to protect end-users from unwanted messages. (For messages sent to USA numbers only.)
Toll freeAchieve branded communication by using a freephone number to send and receive SMS and voice calls.
- Freephone numbers are supported in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico, have no volume restrictions and support up to 50 messages per second
- Per-second billing for voice usage and a single per-message price for both incoming and outgoing traffic
- Enable your existing freephone number with SMS or port your number to the Vonage Communications Platform to enable both voice and SMS. We have an inventory of freephone numbers available for instant provisioning
- Freephone numbers support up to 50 messages per second
Dedicated Short Codes
We work directly with you to procure unique short codes. With a recognisable sender ID, you’ll be distinguished in the marketplace — and increase your speed to market. And when networks don’t allow specific short codes, we’ll map to a long virtual number automatically to make sure your message gets delivered.
Our campaign management API allows you to view and manage who has opted in and who has opted out of the programme, allowing you to manage campaigns programmatically through the API
We help you through the process of applying and deploying dedicated short codes, which is required for branding or higher throughput campaigns in the USA or Canada
Create custom codes that delight your customers
Maximise volume throughput
Increase message readability
Phone numbers in over 80 countriesThe Vonage API platform offers phone numbers in more countries than any other provider, so your business can use a local identity to communicate across more markets, improving engagement.
Pay only for what you useMost providers bill for voice usage by the minute by rounding up. The Vonage API platform invoices by the second, so you can be sure you’re paying only for what you use.
Enterprise application readyEnterprises trust the Vonage API platform because of its high availability, security and compliance measures and premium support.
Just-in-time provisioningAcquiring phone numbers from telecom carriers is an expensive hassle. With the Vonage API platform, you can provision phone numbers instantly and pay only for what you use.
Simplified programmingThe Vonage API platform simplifies the complexities related to adding communication features to applications. All of the features of the platform are accessible through the API, allowing developers to build, iterate and add communications to their applications quickly and cost-effectively.
*Most countries and subject to fair usage.
*These are patented Vonage features. View patent information.