Last night, I was packing for an upcoming trip and realized I had forgotten to set up an out of office message on my phone. But by using the Vocalocity Mobile app, I was able to record a custom greeting and toggle my "Use Out of Office" setting on until I get back. It was so simple! Here's how to record custom greetings from your cell phone.
How to Use Vocalocity Mobile to Record Out of Office Messages
Whether you're planning on being on vacation or out sick unexpectedly, you can change your phone message in an instant with the Vocalocity Mobile app for iPhone and Android.
- Open your Vocalocity Mobile app on your smart phone
- Press the "Settings" icon
- Then, press the "Voicemail" icon
- Scroll down to the "Voicemail Greetings" section and press "Out of Office"
- Press "Record" and a prompt will display that lets you choose the phone from which you want to record your voicemail. I entered my cell phone number because that's what I was using.
- You can also customize the name of your recording. The default is the recording date, but I renamed it as "Southwest Vacation" to help me remember
- Press "Dial" and your phone will ring. An automated prompt will tell you to begin recording at the beep.
- When you are done talking, press the # button. Your recording will play back for you.
- Press "1" to accept the recording or "2" to discard it and record again.
- When you are done, the call will end and you will be returned to the Vocalocity Mobile app.
- To enable the Out of Office message, simply toggle the "Use Out of Office" button from OFF to ON
- To finish, press the green "Save" button at the top right of the screen.
Tips for Recording Vacation Greetings
- Write down what you want to say on a piece of paper or in a text editor like Word. By reading a script, you'll make sure that you include all relevant information like
- A contact name and number for someone at your office in case of emergencies
- The dates of your time out of the office and when you expect to return
- Whether or not you'll have access to voicemail or email, and if not, when someone can expect to hear back from you
- And just remember to turn OFF your Out of Office message when you get back. Set a calendar reminder on the day you return just in case it slips your mind.